Author Topic: power locks and windows  (Read 3066 times)

Offline 87wrangler

power locks and windows
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:36:27 PM »
Hi, i have a 1987 chev wrangler and the power windows and locks are acting weird. the window switches and lock switches control each other for example the locks move the windows and locks and the window switches control the the locks and windows. i took the door panels off because i thought the wires were hacked up but it looks as though they have never been touched. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Offline Grover 1

• Frequent Member
Re: power locks and windows
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:59:09 PM »
Did you try reversing the two plugs that go on the back of the switches?
1978 C-10 SWB
1986 K-10 SWB
1975 C-10 SWB

And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice - bd

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:25:05 AM »
i would think there are wires ether shorted out on one another or the other side is hacked up maybe on the passenger side? does it do it from both sides or just the drivers?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 87wrangler

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:25:53 AM »
i should of said i looked at both sides and they have never been messed with. heres what does what. the drivers power lock only works on the pass side. the pass power lock works great. the drivers power window works great to. the drivers pass window switch does nothing. the pass power window goes down and tries to go up but needs a new motor but also when you press it up it locks the drivers door.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 07:54:47 AM »
sounds like maybe the actuator for the driver lock is broke or does not have a good connection try setting up a meter to it hot wire comming to the actuator then if it getting power the the actuator should be bad. as far as the window test the output on the drivers side for the passengers side s if its putting anything out if it is you just not connected between the driver side and passengers
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes