Author Topic: Power Door Locks  (Read 2841 times)

Offline williebm3

Power Door Locks
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
I have an 83 Chevy 1/2 ton with power door locks that are not operating correctly and I am looking for suggestions. They will lock just fine from either side but will not unlock. I can here the relay clicking when they lock, but not when I try to unlock them. Should I start there or does somebody have another suggestion as to where to look. Thanks for any input.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Power Door Locks
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:50:52 PM »
check around the switches.

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
If it does the same thing on both switches, could it really be the switches? Both go out at the same time? I would think it would be the relay, or the wire energized when the relay is activated...IMO.....but the Skipper could have something.

Offline williebm3

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »
Looked at relay last night and found one of the terminals to be broken off. It is the side with the light blue and black on it. I assume that this is my problem. Where can you find these relays? I have checked several places and cannot find a new one. Also, How do they attach to that bracket it is on. Saw 2 screws and was hoping that those don't have to come out. Thanks for any input in advance.