Author Topic: Bagging Suburban Rear  (Read 4242 times)

Offline stkcode

• http://53truck.ez15loan.com/
Bagging Suburban Rear
« on: May 16, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
Was hoping someone might be kind enough to post some pixs of their 4-link or triangle link bag setup for the rear of a burb?

I have a 91 1500 Burb.  I've converted the front already using airlift 2600s.  The rear appears to be a bit more complicated then I originally thought.  So I'm looking for some ideas...mostly those that have already done this and hopefully have taken pictures of there setup.

The objective here is ride quality and towing ability...not slamming or lower the truck.  So no frame notching or flooring raising here...nor any oversized wheels.

So far it looks like either a 4-link (the front mount would be tricky becuz the body mount is in the way)...so the body mount would probably need to be part of the front link mount.)  Or a triangle link...which got me thinking it might be possible to use the existing front spring perch for the outer bar mounts and mount a bar across the inside of the frame across the front of the axle...then run two inner bars in a triangle shape to the bar.  I seem to recall someone doing that here with a C10...but just with the outer bars...like traction bars but used the front leaf mounts.

The bag mounts look like they would need to be over the axle or in front of the axle.  Behind the axle doesn't look to good because the shock is in the way on the driver's side.  If we move the bag further inward, between the frame rails, behind the axle...the exhaust pipe looks like it would be in the way and the gas tank might be another issue (room between the axle and the fuel tank).

KP's 4-link with cantilever system looks nice...but we would still have the front 4-link/body mount to deal with.  It's dang expensive considering I'm not dropping the truck into the weeds...I don't need that kind of travel.  It would solve the shock clearance problem on the driver's side though since it wouldn't be used.

Considering using a pan hard bar or possibly watts link.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:58:55 PM by stkcode »
1953 Chevy 3100
1991 Chevy Suburban R1500

Offline justpball

Re: Bagging Suburban Rear
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »
you may have already finished this project but just wanted to share...I kept my leafs and did a bag in front of axle. I will post some pics if anyone is interested...

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Bagging Suburban Rear
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »
Post them Justpball.  (can you put them in your Truck tread?)