Author Topic: black wire from fuse box always hot  (Read 2279 times)

Offline 75_chevy

• Registered Users
black wire from fuse box always hot
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:32:05 AM »
anyone know what that wire is? can get some pics tomorrow.
I have a 1975 stepside and the cigarette lighter didn't work and also the old owner removed the door jam switches for the courtesy light. I pulled some out of a Scottsdale and that's all working pretty good.
there is no wire plugged into the cigarette lighter so I assumed it was the black one. any thoughts ?? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: black wire from fuse box always hot
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:38:10 AM »
     We can not tell you what wire you are talking about.  bd gave you the links to the wiring diagrams, if you could find out which black wire you are talking about and reference the coded number associated with it, we can tell you what it is for if you are not able to follow the wiring diagram.
     Like they say, a pic is worth a thousand words.  Especially if you can show a clear point of the fuse block where the wire comes from.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline 75_chevy

• Registered Users
Re: black wire from fuse box always hot
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »
sorry about that but I just wired it up to a switch and I can't see the diagram on my phone. thank you guys for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk