Author Topic: Just curious about the overzealous word-censoring  (Read 10983 times)

Offline OldGray

• Registered Users
  • Ne'er-do-well
Just curious about the overzealous word-censoring
« on: September 20, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »
When you guys set up the website, who turned up the automatic word-censoring up to ANGRY PREACHER level?

There may be members under 18, but you guys even censor words that you would hear in a sermon.  Are Chevy truck owners really that delicate?

1979 Chevrolet Bonanza / 305 / LWB

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Just curious about the overzealous word-censoring
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »
this is a family oriented site. if you catch me at work (prison) im cursing like a sailor, in front of my kids im 100% pure lol. its kind of nice to be able to kick back and enjoy this site. i mean we dont deal with name calling or bickering and curse words on a site thats supposed to be helping each other out, you really dont need to curse.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 80Chevy4x4

• Registered Users
  • Honey this only costed a couple of dollars!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 06:10:31 PM »
They have it turned up because I would give Irish a really hard time about living on the wrong side of Maryland....I am on the good side....LOL

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 06:11:38 PM »
chicken necker lol

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 06:17:03 PM »
you have any truck pulls around that part of MD? have one this weekend and one next but theyre 2.5 hrs away from you

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 06:18:35 PM »
Following is an excerpt from the Posting Agreement everyone must accept when they join the Forum.  It's our "posting standard" in part that makes for a pleasant environment and is probably why there is so much assistance readily available here.  In short, it's pointless to complain about the rules.  No one with any sense would argue that cursing is necessary or even valuable.  In reality it is quite simple, if you wish to be an active member and enjoy the benefits the Forum has to offer, follow the rules.  It's utterly painless!  I promise....

Posting restrictions
This is a FAMILY oriented site, all users are welcomed to join.By joining you agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, personal attack, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law, whether written or implied. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.  Any and all content of this type will be removed immediately, with or without notice, as this is a family site.  Offending members will then be banned from forum access for a minimum of 5 days.

The complete document can be found here:  Posting Agreement: BEFORE post, READ this.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline OldGray

• Registered Users
  • Ne'er-do-well
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
Hey, it's not going to make me leave or anything... I am just surprised how strict it is.  Reminds me of being a kid and getting chewed out by my pal's crazy catholic grandma for basically nothing.  YOU HEATHENS!

I guess one man's floor is another man's ceiling.   ::)
1979 Chevrolet Bonanza / 305 / LWB

Offline 80Chevy4x4

• Registered Users
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
you have any truck pulls around that part of MD? have one this weekend and one next but theyre 2.5 hrs away from you

I don't know what all they do at Budd's Creek....which is only 20 miles from me....But I have seen some trucks around this area going someplace...I am still working on mine so I haven't been driving it much.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Just curious about the overzealous word-censoring
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
I notice we get off of trucks now and then like our jobs and star wars and even personal stuff, which i think is fine, and even a nice break from the truck talk, which actually helps us to get to know each other a little better. However, i find it interesting that i never see anyone even in a friendly way compare sports teams or politics.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline 80Chevy4x4

• Registered Users
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:58 PM »
I notice we get off of trucks now and then like our jobs and star wars and even personal stuff, which i think is fine, and even a nice break from the truck talk, which actually helps us to get to know each other a little better. However, i find it interesting that i never see anyone even in a friendly way compare sports teams or politics.

Well there is only one football team...Steelers  :) and as far as politics i am not gonna even breath politics with the way people are getting blown up today.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
I agree, Patriots is the team! Lol. And i agree again, i wont dare talk politics or making America great again. Whoops.

Im from MA, so you know all the teams i like. But lets not talk sports unless its friendly or we can include chevy trucks somehow. 

Respectively....
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline fitz

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 06:11:51 AM »
Im from MA, so you know all the teams i like. But lets not talk sports unless its friendly or we can include chevy trucks somehow. 

Respectively....

I drove my M1028 to the Patriots / Miami game last weekend in Foxboro.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »
Nice Fitz....way to show up at Gilette!

Oh, and not to change old gray's post. Perhaps i'll start a new sports/chevy truck post.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 07:07:30 AM »
lmao this post has taken a 180° turn. this is why i love this site, most things usually turn out good

Offline 80Chevy4x4

• Registered Users
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 08:20:21 AM »
Ok time to turn it...Update on politics.........the rust has decided to take over the quarter panels even though the primer was elected to reign...the sander is getting his army together to overthrow the rust so the paint can hopefully reign in peace again.   LOL