Author Topic: Slow power windows  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Jerr-conn

• Registered Users
  • Retired tool maker
Slow power windows
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:56:41 PM »
I'm new to this site as of today -12/17/16. I'm planing to purchase a 85-87 pickup. I  want

A short box with ps/pb/AC etc. question is --are all power windows very slow? If so, is there

Another motor that is faster than that can be adapted or can the orig be reworked to be

Faster?   Thanks .  Jerry
Jerry

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Slow power windows
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:05:54 PM »
no. but worn motors, poor conections or tracks that need lube will slow down the motor. also welcome from maryland
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 06:13:36 PM »
Mine go up and down like brand new, but then again, they are brand new.  8)

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline haroldwca

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 12:00:05 AM »
+1 with the others.  When I have had a truck with slow power windows, replacing the motor and the window regulator has always solved the problem.  It's a little more pricey to do both motor and regulator at once, but they are +/- 30 years old, so replacing both the motor and regulator at once makes sense.  If you do either the motor or the regulator and don't solve the problem, you have to do ALL the work again to replace the part you already had removed from the door shell previously, but didn't replace.

Offline Jon87V20

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »
When I bought my Suburban, the driver's door motor didn't work. I replaced it and it's much faster than all the other windows. The rear passenger window is terribly slow and I don't even try to move it if the engine isn't running. It would take most of the rest of my life for it to go up or down.  ;D
1987 Chevrolet Suburban V20 Silverado
350ci TBI TH400 NP208