Author Topic: 79 K10 twin shift install  (Read 1841 times)

Offline danmandan

79 K10 twin shift install
« on: October 11, 2020, 12:47:20 PM »
Hi,, Installed a twin shift from off road designs,, ,, pulled out seat then carpet and was suprised when I  saw the tunnel panel was bolted in,,"was going to cut a hole the panel and reweld it back in after the install but saved some time there,,only had to cut a fairly small piece out to get to the linkage easier,,,removed the factory shifter-linkage that didn't work anymore,, bolted in the twin shift and hooked up the linkage, then put the tunnel back on for a test fit to see if the shifters cleared through the factory hole , they didn't , the shifter farthest away from the driver side was too far to the right ,wouldn't go through factory hole,, I thought I'd just cut the hole out some on the right side to so the shifters would clear,, but the  hole is to the right side of the tunnel anyway and didn't want to have to reach any farther for the shifter ,,so I cut and rebent and rewelded the shifters  to the left more,,,the picture shows the one side reworked but it got late so took a pic and did the other side next day ,,,,I  bent the left shifter rod a little to the driver and made the right side shifter straight up ,,they fit pretty good through the stock hole  but I  still coped the hole a little for rattles / expansion ,,