Author Topic: Emissions delete/ vaccum lines  (Read 1017 times)

Offline timjake

• New Users
Emissions delete/ vaccum lines
« on: January 15, 2023, 02:34:46 AM »
Hey everyone, found this form online while doing research on a project I’ve dreamed about since I was a bit younger. Finally came a chance when I could and this past summer I did just that. Bought myself an 86 K10 and started digging into the world of the square body’s, gotta say i love it twice as much as I thought I would! After making an account and reading and learning from what so much is on this forum Im finally here to ask a question lol! I’ve been considering doing an emissions delete on my truck, and I’ve been on the fence about it, from what I’ve heard it’s gotten good news bout it, and there are some folks who still swear against it. Was just wondering what needs to be removed, capped, etc. and if anybody also has recommendations for brands of fuel line and vaccum line that’s also be greatly appreciated. No leaks so far but some of em are looking pretty rough and I’d just wanna put my money towards the right quality. Thank you, and God bless! -timjake 8)

Offline dusterdude

Re: Emissions delete/ vaccum lines
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 06:48:17 AM »
Welcome,most people remove the a.i.r. pump,some remove the canister behind the drivers side grille.vacuum hoses,you can use any brand you can find.good luck and have fun with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 06:45:50 PM »
You should post details of your truck and pictures before you accpet advice. Removing certain items will put you at a disadvantage even with performance builds.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 07:02:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I take it your State doesn't require emissions compliance?
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline timjake

• New Users
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 02:33:28 PM »
Thank you for the welcomes, unfortunately I reside in the Empire State currently but I don’t plan on being here in a few more years, also current laws state emissions test aren’t required if a vehicle is older than 25 years. Truck is an 86’ K10 custom deluxe, it’s 305 5.0L , my plan for it is a daily driver that’ll be able to use for some side work and to get me from a to b. plan on putting a 1406 in her over the summer and have already done a little work regarding spark plugs and wires, along with replacing the egr and new  pull off rods for the qaudrajet. The qaudrajet is pretty shot and I think one day I’ll eventually get around to rebuilding it but right now just don’t have the time to fiddle around. Will definitely keep it for tinkering and learning however lol. Ill get some pictures when I’m back home later this week.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 02:52:13 PM by timjake »