73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Projects Posts (NOT VEHICLES)

Dual electric fans

(1/2) > >>

CruzinHigh:
I thought I would post up a few photos of the dual fans I put in my K-10.  You can easily install dual electric fans in your Chevy truck, I fabricated the upper and lower mounts very easily and the lower mount is bolted up to the frame, while the upper is bolted right to the existing upper rad support.

These fans can be found in a 3rd generation Camaro, with relay setup as well.  Mine are wired up to cut on with a switch on the intake manifold, and also I have a rocker switch in the cab to turn them on even when the key is removed from the ignition.  Handy for trail rides when the motor warms up hot and you want to shut down and get out and walk around.

team39763:
Nice.  I have some flex-a-lite fans that I'm gonna try to wire up to a manual switch.  So you have yours on a thermostat type switch on the manifold?

CruzinHigh:

--- Quote from: team39763 on September 08, 2007, 04:19:42 PM ---Nice.  I have some flex-a-lite fans that I'm gonna try to wire up to a manual switch.  So you have yours on a thermostat type switch on the manifold?

--- End quote ---

Yes, the switch is actually the same fan switch that came out of my Camaro, but it interferes with the hose from the IM to the rad, so I am going to have to switch my hose setup first.  (Notice in that last photo that  I've got the wire to it zip tied up over by the power steer pump)  I suspect I will also have to find a thermostatic switch that will be suitable for a proper cut on temp as well, I think this one will be too low and run it too much.

elegy_c10:
nice setup. im hopefully gonna do something like that after i put a new motor in my truck. what year camaro do you have?

CruzinHigh:

--- Quote from: elegy_c10 on September 09, 2007, 12:07:44 AM ---nice setup. im hopefully gonna do something like that after i put a new motor in my truck. what year camaro do you have?

--- End quote ---

Camaro is/was an 88 Iroc Z.  I am parting it out currently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version