73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Projects Posts (NOT VEHICLES)

700R4 Swap

(1/7) > >>

76_Scottsdale:
I finally scraped up enough dough to do my 700R4 swap. I'm swaping in a 700R4 in place of my Sm465, and keeping the NP205. I ordered the tranny and all the parts from www.bowtieoverdrives.com on the 21st. Hopefully everything should be here by October 1st and I can start putting it in. I started yesterday by tearing out my exhaust. Tomorrow I'll start tearing out the old tranny and clutch pedal and other misc. stuff. I'll be sure to post some more pics when I start putting it in. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks again.

76_Scottsdale:
Well the new tranny came in today. It came so fast I haven't even had time to finish taking out the old one. I'll post some pics later.

PS Anyone interested in purchasing a very nice chrome shifter rod for a SM465 or an entire very good condition newly rebuilt SM465?

76_Scottsdale:
Does anyone know exactly how much longer a the 700R4 is than the SM465, ie how far will the crossmember actually be moved back?

KojaK 79k10:
you can measure the crossmember bolt holes in the trans to the front of housing on both and measure the difference in the two. the 700R4 tranny is exactly 23.4 inches in overall length. the SM465 trans is 12 inches in overall length. hope this helps, good luck, I'm curious as to how it turns out, get a picture underneath when finished if you can.

87GMC2WD:
what exactly is a SM465 trans. im curious into changing my truck over to a stick?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version