Author Topic: Got a tranny question and a header question  (Read 1704 times)

Offline 1976Scottsdale

Got a tranny question and a header question
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:45:05 PM »
I am getting ready to pull the trans out of my 87 R-10 because the valve body is messed up.  I have a chance to get a rebuilt TH350c for next to nothing (help a friend assemble his 403 olds motor).  What has to change other than the driveshaft length and crossmember location to make this work?

Second, I have a set of hooker headers (the really short ones, like almost manifold looking) from a 94 or 95 chevy truck with a 350, will these fit alright in an 87?  I know I will have to get my head pipes redone as the angle is a little off from factory manifolds, but thats 10 bucks a side installed.  They are a bit rusty, but no pitting and best of all they were free.  Just curious if they are bolt on and go as far as clearing the frame.

Offline dunedigger

• Frequent Member
Re: Got a tranny question and a header question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »
I went from a 700r4 to a 350 in my 1983, (85 drivetrain).  I have a 4x4 so all I had to do was a simple adapter plate, but what we would share I believe is the trany lines will be too long.  You can manually kind of bend them to fit but it is better to shorten or run new.  Also the 350 will need a vacum line ran to it to shift up to the manifold and the tp cable will be different from the kickdown cable on the 350.