Author Topic: EGR with edlebrock intake  (Read 3251 times)

Offline TPI84GMC

EGR with edlebrock intake
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:33:23 PM »
Hey all. Getting back to my old project 84 GMC. Its time to put the EGR valve on and I am looking at the Edelbrock intake I got and the port is just wide open into the lower area of the intake. It kinda seems like if I put on an EGR or not its just going to breathe right past it into the main part of the intake. Am I missing something here???
I am going back to carb from TPI and dont have my original carb parts anymore to remind me how it was setup before! The motor is a GM crate 350.

Offline Grim 82

Re: EGR with edlebrock intake
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:41 PM »
I'm not sure what you're asking, but you either put the EGR valve on it or block it off with a plate. As far as where the port is, it's exactly where it was designed to be.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline TPI84GMC

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
I guess im looking for and answer as to how it actually works... Is the EGR the left 2 holes or the right funky shaped window???  Is this intake giving me the option to use 2 different styles of EGR or what? I went to autozone and he showed me 2 different ones and I dont remember which one it used originally.
The right side port lines up with the hole into the head but the 2 slots on the left side one dont line up with anything. Do i just pick an EGR and block the other one off???

Offline TPI84GMC

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:29:53 PM »
So after looking for an hour.... do I block off the rt port as it is for a manual choke??????

Offline TandocTools

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:17:35 AM »
The left triangular port is for the EGR, the one on the right is for the factory choke--block it off.

Offline Grim 82

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
The left triangular port is for the EGR, the one on the right is for the factory choke--block it off.

^ this
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline TPI84GMC

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
thanks guys ill get er on tonight!