Author Topic: My 73 4x4  (Read 51157 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: My 73 4x4
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 03:43:12 AM »
Cowgirl Cadillac now that will sell the point, or even if its one of those stickers "silly boys trucks or for girls" i don't like them at all but it lets you know this ain't no dude I'm about to role up on
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 4x4Cowgirl

• Registered Users
  • Country girls like it dirty
    • Facebook
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
LOL yeah I used to have a sticker on the back glass of my old truck that said"Silly cowboys, trucks are for cowgirls" hahaha....

Offline autorepr

• Frequent Member
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2010, 09:49:27 AM »
Howdy from Dayton Ohio! 

Really liking your project, your doing a GREAT job on it. Got a question........What's with the no radiator fan shroud and the fan swinging around in mid air? Have you got one that you haven't put on yet? That may be a requirement when it starts getting hot down there and it also covers up a dangerous moving part inside the engine bay.

Keep up the good work and have fun all the way!!!!!
UH-OH  I'M GONNA NEED A BIGGER BANDAID!!!!!

Offline 4x4Cowgirl

• Registered Users
    • Facebook
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
The truck didnt come with a fan shroud, I really need one, But I am wanting to put an electric fan on there and get rid of the flex fan. That fan already sliced open my hand when I was puttin it back on, so I hate it now lol.  >:( But I am needing one. I took those last recent pics with the motor runnin so that might look like the fan was floating lol. But thank you for the compliments!  ;D

Offline autorepr

• Frequent Member
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
One other thing I noticed.... The alternator 2 wire regulator plug is just hooked together? Are you/have you done anything different with that. The one wire needs to be hooked to the battery to sense and regulate the output of the alternator and the other needs hooked to the charging system idiot light or if there's no light an ignition source but thru a diode or resistor otherwise the truck will stay running when you shut it off.
UH-OH  I'M GONNA NEED A BIGGER BANDAID!!!!!

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »
My flex fan is about 3-4 in from the radiator and Ive ran it like that for years without a shroud without a problem. Even in Texas like heat.

Offline 4x4Cowgirl

• Registered Users
    • Facebook
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
One other thing I noticed.... The alternator 2 wire regulator plug is just hooked together? Are you/have you done anything different with that. The one wire needs to be hooked to the battery to sense and regulate the output of the alternator and the other needs hooked to the charging system idiot light or if there's no light an ignition source but thru a diode or resistor otherwise the truck will stay running when you shut it off.

Im not quite understandin what you mean, but I know the guy told me that the type of alternator he had on there would only charge the battery when you are drivin it...? I want a regular on on there, and the truck has a kill switch goin to the coil so yeah when u turn the key off, it still runs til u flip the kill switch.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »
That's why the truck won't shut off. You need to install a resistor. You can pick it up at radio shack. I just did this on one of my trucks. Get this one http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062291&CAWELAID=107594274
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 4x4Cowgirl

• Registered Users
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2010, 06:53:45 AM »
O0o0o0o00o0o well that makes sense now, lol. Thanks! Hopefully I can get some more work done on it today!

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »
been a while since we heard anything from ya hows the truck comming
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes