Author Topic: "Corinne"  (Read 4407 times)

Offline callsign.oldman

"Corinne"
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:03:21 AM »
Corinne: My 88' R30 Dually rolling WIP

Army Aviation:  Where high school diplomas undo what college degrees just messed up :)

1988 Chevy R30 Crew Cab 1 ton Dually
454 TBI - THM-400 - Gear Vendors Overdrive - Dana 60 (4:10)

Offline knightrider84

• Brothers don't shake hands... BROTHERS GOTTA HUG!!
Re: "Corinne"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
nice 2wd! I like the hood, whats with the name? "Corinne"

Offline three8six

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
What color paint is that? What brand etc?

Offline callsign.oldman

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
nice 2wd! I like the hood, whats with the name? "Corinne"

Thanks, It's bad ju-ju not to name a truck.  The one truck I didn't name eneded up wrapped around a telephone pole :(  I'm on #7 and ever since I've always named them.  It's dumb I know haha  :D

What color paint is that? What brand etc?

Unfortunately I don't have any of that information; I bought the truck sight unseen while I was in Iraq, my best friend picked it up for me after I won it on ebay.  The paint is some kind of single stage black that's supposed to be "flat black", however, I found out the hard way that if you wet sand and polish it, it comes out glossy so I ahve a feeling that the guy I bought it from just didn't bother to work the paint.  It looks good from 10 feet away but it has a lot of faults.

The pinstriping is One-Shot Process Blue and Lettering White.  That's being changed to custom blended One-Shot that will be Antique White and Foliage Green.

When I get back from Afghanistan I may sink the money into having it painted properly in Kustom Shop Hot Rod Flatz (Black of course) :)
Army Aviation:  Where high school diplomas undo what college degrees just messed up :)

1988 Chevy R30 Crew Cab 1 ton Dually
454 TBI - THM-400 - Gear Vendors Overdrive - Dana 60 (4:10)