Author Topic: Operation 383  (Read 8720 times)

Offline 13Bre_TT

Operation 383
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 11:15:44 PM »
Well the truck is almost done just need an exhaust system, i get to hear her run tomorrow. I have a few pictures but I left my camera at the shop so I don't have all of them but enjoy :)

Offline 13Bre_TT

Re: Operation 383
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
 Well, The new engine is running, but I'm having trouble getting the Carb to work correctly, mainly due to my own ignorance. I was stupid and bought a 750CFM, and now I'm trying to jet it down... it has 72 Jets out of the box, and it was running way too rich, now I just put 62's in there and it's knocking left and right. I know it was kind of dumb to get 10 less than factory, but I didn't realize that it had 72's in there until I pulled them out. heres the thing though, I just upgraded the distributor on it to an MSD, and I don't have a timing light yet so I couldn't dial it in fully, but it runs okay with what I have now. Could the timing being off cause it to knock so much? or should I just order more jets that are bigger, or could it be a timing issue? also I pulled the plugs a week ago and they were black, then I put them back, and when I fixed my choke issue they got a little lighter in color but still running rich, I'm stumped.   ???