Author Topic: 1982 crew cab cummins "pieces"  (Read 8805 times)

Offline OilBurner

Re: 1982 crew cab cummins "pieces"
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2021, 08:32:04 PM »
Well, I took the ole girl out for a parts run today, dialed in the pump in a little bit. Got her running real good. I'm not gonna get a whole lot done on this thing for a while honestly. I'll prolly wait till the dash pad comes in. I've got gauges to install, and I got the carpet to cover my trans tunnel. But this week is gonna be swamped with work and final wedding planning, and next week the truck won't even be thought of. But anyway here's a pic I snapped of her at the bridge on the fine day we had today.
1982 crew cab, 12 valve cummins, eaton 10 speed, married transfer case, custom coil spring front 4wd suspension, work in progress

Offline OilBurner

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2022, 07:14:44 PM »
Well it has officially been a long time, but I've been lurking around here in the background still. It's been a long time since I've done any real updates to the truck but I finally got some notable updates done. The two big ones are the dash and gauge cluster. I swapped my digital ones for a set of Dakota digital sindicate sieres, which can I just say WOW. these things are nice if your looking for a good diesel set of digital gauges for a square body these are the ones 10/10. So got those installed along with the new dash pad.

Other than those upgrades the only work I've done is maintenance. I had to rebuild the track bar bushings, they needed it when I put it together but I let it go, I had the minimum pressure valve come out of the injection pump so I fixed that, installed a new predator lift pump from power driven diesel, mine took a crap, some pump tuning, filters little stuff like that. I mostly have been working on moving into a house for the past 6 months, to long to move but another story, and then my college and work. In the time of moving stuff I've been using this thing as a mule and it is awesome. Pulls so much better then I'd ever imagine it. I've hauled 2000 pounds of scrap off with it and didn't even know it was on the bed. But here come some more pictures of what's happened to her. 
1982 crew cab, 12 valve cummins, eaton 10 speed, married transfer case, custom coil spring front 4wd suspension, work in progress

Offline OilBurner

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »
So here goes, a load of scrap, then the before and after of the dash bezel, I used stuff called spaz stix chrome paint, it's a 3 part deal at about 12 bucks a can but it looks great. Highly recommend. I took off the silver trim on the bezel and the dash pad, I kinda like the offset of the little chrome like logos and screws, and the crinkle kinda sets it off. The sindicate sieres lit up at night, I don't have pictures of them in daylight since it's dark by 530 right now and I forget in the daylight hours.

Let me go off on a sidebar here, these gauges are well worth the $800 I paid for them. I was a little mad at the price at first but let me tell ya, they are amazing. All sending units come with it, they have shielded cables for each sensor, and it's all plug and play. I can't say it enough these things are awesome. They even use the stock turn signal indicators which I love.