Author Topic: 1990 GMC jimmy  (Read 3678 times)

Offline ssgoodman

• Registered Users
1990 GMC jimmy
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
90 jimmy.  350 tbi, 700 r4.  havent had time to inspect it really well but believe its a 10 bolt rear end and np 208 transfercase.  the guy before me put the 18 inch rims and 285x65 BFG all terrain tires on it.  no lift.  interior is in good condition, 1 spot on the drivers seat has a tear along a seam and the drivers seat seems to lean to the back left alittle.  passengers seat and rear seat are good, the center console is missing the lock.  the dash has a pad but is cracked underneath, the drivers side vent window leaks quite a bit.  the ashtray hangs open all the time and wont stay shut.  rear power window works but is slow, power locks dont work, cruise doesnt work, ac works but not charged.  was hit on the rear drivers side and pushed the bumper into the fender and broken the plastic trim.  has a receiver hitch with wiring that i dont need, carpets need to be cleaned.  the top has never been removed.  the rocker panels were repaired with bondo and it really looks rough now.  i like the color but i think if i get enough money saved up i will repaint it, still kind of up in the air if i want to make it a nice daily driver or go nuts and turn it into a offroader that i can beat up on the weekends.

the previous owner pulled the CD player out of and i am having a  time with it, it has an opening for a double din cd player and i cant manage to get the single din pioneer i bought to mount properly, got it hooked up and plugged my ipod into the cig lighter and the fuse blew on it.  hopefully i will get it sorted out this weekend with more time. 

engine runs rich, the tranny shifts well but i think it needs new ujoints since it clunks pretty loudly when coming off a stop light suppose it could be a number of other thinks. 

all in all not a bad ride for 2000, i am going to try to sell the rims since i am not crazy about them and i dont really want to have to pay over 200 bucks for a new tire if it blows.

Sutton

this is the good side, the other side there is the damage in the back

looked at for a few minutes today, found out why my seat leans, because where the seat mounts to the floor is rusted all to heck, there is a rust hole on the floor and the seat is only supported by the rusty floor.  how could i fix the floor on a blazer?  would the floor repair panel that chris sells for a pickup work on the blazer or is it something i have to do myself?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:59:19 PM by ssgoodman »

Offline team39763

Re: 1990 GMC jimmy
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
I'm not a big fan of those wheels, but overall, the truck looks good.