Author Topic: i need a part  (Read 4187 times)

Offline DixieOffroad87

• Registered Users
i need a part
« on: August 24, 2002, 08:11:00 PM »
ok i am trying to find the little sandpaper looking thing that goes on the rear quarter panel in front of the tire. does anyone know where i can get one or even what i am talking about?

Offline smokin77

• Registered Users
re: i need a part
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 09:00:00 PM »
Are you talkin about a stepside?  

Offline DixieOffroad87

• Registered Users
Re: re: i need a part
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 09:08:00 PM »
no its a fleet side hold on ill see if i can get a pic

Offline DixieOffroad87

• Registered Users
Re: re: i need a part
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2002, 09:14:00 PM »
photos.yahoo.com/bc/winds...%26.view=t
ok here is a link to a pic of what i need it is the little rust colored looking thing in the black circle im not sure what to call it so any help in finding one would be greatly appreciated.

Offline 84 silverado

sandpaper shtuff...
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 09:56:00 PM »
My guess(I couldn't access the picture) is you're talking about the stick on rock guard that came on the later trucks of this bodystyle. If that's what it is you'd be better off getting some rocker shutz from a paint and body supplier and spraying it on yourself(well, not yourself but the truck anyway!!) It looks like contact paper from the factory if it's what I think your talking about.

Offline DixieOffroad87

• Registered Users
Re: sandpaper shtuff...
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2002, 10:09:00 PM »
yeah i think thats it. could i have someone do it like a spray in bedliner place? cause im not real good with spray paint i only do it when its like under fenders and stuff where its not seen.

ok and i fixed the link.

Edited by: DixieOffroad87  at: 8/25/02 3:12:20 am

Offline 84 silverado

rocker guard....
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 06:12:00 PM »
Hey, I don't know how picky you are about chrome or stainless but GM "used" to sell a set of those "rock shields" that came in stainless and screwed on with three screws. If you can't find somebody to make you some new ones or spray on a coating you may want to try this through a dealer. Also, now that I think about it more, why not mask off the shape of what's there now and use some paintable rubber undercoating to repair the area and paint it the color you want or just leave it black. It'll have the same affect and is indefinately repairable with more undercoat. Just a thought.... good luck, Bill

Offline DixieOffroad87

• Registered Users
one more question
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 07:07:00 PM »
o that not my truck thats just a pic of one i found. but could any gm dealer get those stainless steel ones cause i can get those and then just paint em with undercoating. and the reason i need em is the truck was repainted before i bought it and i want it to cover a small rust spot that was missed.

smokin77

oh yea
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 06:21:00 AM »
I know what your talkin about, that stuffs not fun gettin off, i had to take it off my 85 recently, which i just painted yesterday. I ll be posting pics asap!