Author Topic: Th350 forward manual valve body  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Ryan3275

• New Users
Th350 forward manual valve body
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »
Just swapped a new hughes performance fmv th350 in to my truck and had a couple questions. When driving on the street, I read that downshifting in to 2nd from 3rd that it is not good to do so on a reverse mv, would this apply to the forward as well? And does shifting into neutral from 3rd (to rev it up, not for stopping) and back into 3rd while driving on the highway hurt it, I like to hear the music from my truck sometimes lol. If there's anything else I should be aware of please tell me! Thanks!

Offline fitz

Re: Th350 forward manual valve body
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »
What do you have for a shifter?
If your going to shift into neutral on the highway, you want a reverse lockout.
How do you like the Hughes trans?
I have a Fairbanks manual valve body turbo 350 with a Hurst 1/4 stick shifter in my 69 Camaro.
I've never put mine in neutral on the highway, downshifting into 2nd gear at highway speed makes enough noise for me.

Offline Ryan3275

• New Users
Re: Th350 forward manual valve body
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »
I have a B&M Pro Stick. I like it so far, only have had it for about a month. The shifts are very quick and snappy, kinda harsh above 2500 but it don't bother me. Its got a hughes 2500 stall converter, could've got a 3000 stall and been safe knowing what i know now. But I'm overall happy with both products.