Author Topic: Carb linkage help?  (Read 5468 times)

Offline WillSquared

Carb linkage help?
« on: April 19, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »
Alright so yesterday I got my new intake and carb installed but Im confused on how to link everything up to the new edelbrock carb.  Here is a pic of what I have going now.  The cruise isnt hooked up due to a separate issue I'm having with it wanting to hang and not release.  Anyway, the engine is a 350 on a turbo 350 tranny.  I know I have a kickdown cable, throttle cable, cruise cable but I only saw places to mount two of them so I finagled that upper most mount into the linkage but it is jerry rigged at best.  I reused the factory bracket.  What am I missing or what do I need to hook all three of the cables up correct?  Thanks for the help.  Here are some pics...

1986 Chevrolet C10

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Carb linkage help?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 03:36:46 PM »
RE:  Cruise causing the throttle to hang open...

Try rehooking the throttle linkage rod to the cruise modulator (vacuum actuator) so that it connects to the modulator from the top instead of hanging underneath.  Make sure the rod is aligned perpendicular to the carb throttle shaft, which may require sideways shifting of the cruise modulator.  The modulator and rod need to have a straight shot.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline WillSquared

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:08:22 AM »
Well I tried it both ways and it didn't seem to matter.  I didn't pay attention to whether it was perpendicular though.  I'll look more into it this week.  It worked fine until I changed out the distributor a couple months ago and I've never gotten it to work since.

Also on the linkage, apparently I need adapter 1484 from edelbrock to run the cruise control.  Just ordered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1986 Chevrolet C10

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:19:26 AM »
What year/model?  Is it the '86?
Rich
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 01:29:45 AM »
Here's the manual for Custom Cruise III.
Rich

Offline WillSquared

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Hopefully I can get it figured out.
1986 Chevrolet C10

Offline WillSquared

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 07:22:16 PM »
 Well, I tried to get it perfectly straight and I got the new linkage on and it works perfectly now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1986 Chevrolet C10