Author Topic: Which company makes good body parts?  (Read 1417 times)

Online ChrisD

Which company makes good body parts?
« on: May 21, 2020, 04:16:59 PM »
Hi,

my hood has the standard kink across the middle and the right door had been damaged while shipping.
So i'm looking for new parts and i've seen, that there are many companies who build body parts.
for example the hood, at carid i've found 8 standard hoods each from another company between 160 -420$.
Most are about 200$.
Reading the descriptions all of them are high quality, original style (exept dynacorn) and build with newest technology (what ever that means).
what are your experiences, which companies makes parts who fits good and have good quality all around?

Regards
Chris
1978 Chevy C10 short bed with 250i6 and manual 3speed Saginaw
German us-car/truck newbie

Offline NXTLVL

• New Users
Re: Which company makes good body parts?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
AMD (Auto metal direct) makes some really nice stuff, and for hoods, I've always had good fitment with Goodmark. I ordered my cowl through Carid, and they sent Goodmark brand.

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »
Classic Truck (Chevy Truck) has been good for finding many parts. This forum also has a store if you have not looked, check it out.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Online ChrisD

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 02:33:50 PM »
Hi,
thank you!
AMD I have had a look on it and i think it‘s a good option.
The parts here at the forum i‘ve also viewed. But the hoods are not what i‘m looking for.

Regards
Chris
1978 Chevy C10 short bed with 250i6 and manual 3speed Saginaw
German us-car/truck newbie