Author Topic: Need help with the name of electrical wire harness  (Read 7975 times)

Offline rcollamore

Re: Need help with the name of electrical wire harness
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »
No I don't hear any fuel flowing I hear the fuel pump then on and then after a sec or two it shuts off.

Ya I've done that test too no fuel comes out at all.

And the the fuel in the gas tank is covering half of the fuel pump it's self so I think there's enough fuel.
So it can't be the fuel pressure regulator?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
Look at it from this angle.  If fuel is not exiting the pump with the fuel line completely unplugged and open (in other words, the fuel pressure regulator is effectively removed from the system), how could the pressure regulator restrict fuel flow?  The problem is inside the tank.

The pressure regulator has no effect and cannot be tested until fuel is actually delivered and the system is pressurized.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline rcollamore

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 10:49:14 AM »
Gotcha well then it has to do with the fuel pump itself prob a faulty pump I got. Since the dang thing turns on and no fuel comes out

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 07:08:32 AM »
make sure the output line on the sending unit isnt clogged
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline rcollamore

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »
Well seemed like everyone was right in some way, the issue was the debris inside of the gas tank which clogged up the new fuel pump. So I had to drain the fuel clean out the tank( upgrading to a custom fuel cell when I find the right person to do and doesn't try to charge me a arm and a leg) replaced the fuel pump added fuel and the suburban started right up! So glad it's finally done and fixed.
Thank you everyone for your help.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk