Author Topic: bottom end question  (Read 12254 times)

Offline 305chevy c-10

• Frequent Member
Re: bottom end question
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »
are all these charges reasonable.....$179 (press on new pistons ,clearance block for 3.75 crank,rehot tank ).$250 (balance rotating assem)......what is a reasonable charge to install 2 bolt main studs
Heartbeat of America yesterday's cheverolet
18T5C10

Offline HAULIN IT

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 12:16:21 AM »
Oh Ok, That sounds MUCH better for the money...That's a whole different story than "port match intake" ;)
I guess I mis understood you...with the part about not wanting to haul the block back & forth, I thought you had the block & he had the intake, Sorry.
Why did you need new valve seats?
are all these charges reasonable.....$179 (press on new pistons ,clearance block for 3.75 crank,rehot tank ).$250 (balance rotating assem)......what is a reasonable charge to install 2 bolt main studs
Those seem a bit high to me, if that is what they are doing & nothing else. The $250, is that just the weighing, grinding, ect. This is not to make it internally balanced is it? Who is assembling the engine? Them or you? The $185 for the bore, cam bearings & hot tank sounds pretty good to me. Lorne

Offline 305chevy c-10

• Frequent Member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:16 AM »
the eq(vortec style) heads were bare .after he matched them to intake he put them togather ..i had my own springs and valves,guide plates,and studs  he supplied the retainers , locks and valve seats....that price for balancing is for external balancing of crank,rods,balancer and flex plate .....clearancing the block, and the balancing i have not got done yet ....bcause i got to order balancer and flexplate from summit ..........as for putting it togather ..they(NAPA) told me they would put it togather and tune it ,let me hear it run for $450-500.
18T5C10

Offline HAULIN IT

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »
the eq(vortec style) heads were bare .after he matched them to intake he put them togather ..i had my own springs and valves,guide plates,and studs  he supplied the retainers , locks and valve seats.
Do you mean seats or seals?

Offline 305chevy c-10

• Frequent Member
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:59 AM »
yeah i mean seals ,but he also grind the seats so the spring would sit correctly and not bind ( u know on a single spring it has like a flat spring looking peice inside it )on seat when compressed
18T5C10