Author Topic: Heater Duct Parts Missing?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline runhikeordrink

Heater Duct Parts Missing?
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:29:27 PM »
I did what I told my kids never to do - dont throw anything away until you know it is no longer needed. 

I gutted this cab so long ago and in my haste I now know I threw away too many parts.  This is all I have left - heater core and defrost tubes. I know I am missing parts and have been researching, googling, and looking at   truck pages but have not found what connects the heater core to the heater ducts and vents.  I know the vents in the dash connect to flexible tubes, but how do the flexible tubes connect to the heater core - what did I throw away that I needed?  This is a 76 chevy c20 with no A/C.

I appreciate anyone's help on this!!

Offline MIKE S

• Registered Users
Re: Heater Duct Parts Missing?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »
That is an inside heater case and duct assembly  for a non air condition cab. It is complete but will not fit an a/c cab firewall. There are no dash ducts for a non a/c truck. There are holes in the metal part of the dash for ducts on all cabs but not used on non a/c trucks and covered by the dash pad and appropriate gauge bezel. 

Offline runhikeordrink

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 10:58:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply and info!  Really appreciate it.  On   they dont have different dashpads for ac vs non-ac. and the holes in the metal part of the dash and the picture on   of the dash pad I purchased (hasnt arrived yet) made it look like the dash vents would still be used and I made an assumption so thats why I thought I got rid of something I needed.

I started this project 8 years ago and I dont remember what the dash looked like.  I get what you mean about the gauge bezel now.  What goes in the place of the passenger side dash ducts on a non-AC dash - just uncut pad?  Does anyone have a pic of a 73-78 c20 non-ac dash for reference? 

Offline MIKE S

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »
There is a piece of trim that goes vent to vent. On non a/c the trim covers the vents on the pad.

Offline runhikeordrink

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 11:12:39 PM »
Great.  Appreciate the info and putting my mind at ease!!!!