Author Topic: ac controls, vents, wiring  (Read 4387 times)

Offline 2502

• Frequent Member
ac controls, vents, wiring
« on: July 09, 2008, 07:01:56 PM »
swapping the ac over into a non ac cab. going thru the wiring harnesses and whatnot, only difference i could see is there's not a line running to the fuse block from the ac controls. otherwise the plug mates up missing just that one connection. thru the firewall that's a different story of course cause the lines gotta run for the accumulator, etc. what's the easiest way to run the electrical stuff for this swap? and are these fuse blocks the same?

the first block is from inside the cab of my non ac truck, teh second pile of mess is what i ripped outta the ac cab.

thanks

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: ac controls, vents, wiring
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »
Don't know the answer but your box will be on the way tomorrow.  I didn't know how hard it would be to locate one big enough to fit it in.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline ccz145a

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »
The fuse blocks should be identical. The blower motor got it's power from the juction block on the firewall. The switch gets power from the ign circuit then to a relay on the ac evap housing, the wiring harnes for ac is completely separate and an add on.
1975 C10 Silverado LWB, 454CID, TH400, 10bolt 3.42
11MPG Downhill w/tailwind (but there ain't no hills here)

Offline 2502

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 01:00:54 AM »
The fuse blocks should be identical. The blower motor got it's power from the juction block on the firewall. The switch gets power from the ign circuit then to a relay on the ac evap housing, the wiring harnes for ac is completely separate and an add on.
they looked the same to me. so how's the best way to wire this up?

Offline 2502

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »
Don't know the answer but your box will be on the way tomorrow.  I didn't know how hard it would be to locate one big enough to fit it in.
oh man thanks i appreciate it... i haven't bolted everything down quite yet i wanted to wait for the box to come before i made it permanent... thanks again man you're saving me a huge headache

Offline 2502

• Frequent Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:26:56 AM »
zieg you're the man thanks for teh box. i'm going out here shortly to swap all the stuff over to the new case. you saved me a few bucks at the junkyard and a lotta headache since i couldn't really find one that didn't need a repair... thanks again