Author Topic: electric fans  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
electric fans
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »
I know people on here have been asking about electric clutch or flex fans. so the other day i Was watching extream 4x4 and Ian was working on his dodge. he had I think a clutch fan on it or flex now sure but he swapped it out with a electric fan. all tho it was a small upgrade it made his mpgs go up by like .01 or .q can't remember but anyway over the span of a tank of gas it saved 3 gallons so at 3 bucks a gal that's 9$ with everyfill up
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline flaminchiten

Re: electric fans
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:04:21 PM »
I think your math is a little off.

If you have a 20 gallon tank and are getting 10mpg you would be getting 200 miles on a tank of gas. If you were to save 3 gallons a tank you would be averaging 230 miles on a tank which if you divide 230 by 20 (miles by gallons) you get 11.5 which is a 1.5 increase in mpg.

A .1 increase in this same scenario would be 202 miles on the same tank and if you divide 202 by 20 you get 10.1

I made the math nice and round so it would be easy but this is a likely scenario.

Offline screamin86

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:31:03 AM »
i added a spare f-body efan i had to my k10 and i notced better power with the butt dyno but havent payed attetion to the mileage.
86 k10 lwb 4x4:350 .040 214/224 444/466 112lsa performer rpm 1406 lt's summit racing th350 2800stall
03 yukon xl:tint debadge full boltons
86 ta:lm7 hot cam boltons

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:59:17 AM »
Well if you reread the post I put "I think" and "I can’t remember" and it was a couple weeks ago. but if your getting 12mps and increase it by .01 then if you have a 26 gal tank then yes you will see a 3 mpg increase oh yeah that number is rounded down to make it easer. But my point is this it increased the dodges tank mileage by 3 so no mater what my numbers show the end result is what maters

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline flaminchiten

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »
I agree that the end result was an increase, maybe its how your saying it that was flawed. You say a 3mpg increase again when I think you mean 3 miles per tank increase.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
Ok I see what yor talking about I said"over the span of a tankof a tankof gass it saved 3 gal." When I should of said " it added 3 miles"