Author Topic: 1987 C-10 sound system  (Read 5005 times)

Offline danielM87

1987 C-10 sound system
« on: September 24, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »
i have an 87 C-10 (with a bench fold down seat, 2 door) and i want a system that will overpower the sound of my 350 V-8 with open headers (if you know what i mean). the setup now is two 3 inch dash speakers and 2 4x7 door speakers, both operational yet old and crappy. What i would like to do is keep the 3 inch dash speakers, trash the door speakers, put 2 6x9s with truck boxes, a 12" sub, and a little 400W amp. Only problem is, i have no idea if any of that will fit in the truck!! i have no experience with wiring up sound systems or if it is possible to hook alll that stuff up to my CD receiver!! so e-mail me and post a reply (whichever) with info! thanks for the help!

FYI...i am eyeballing all the items for the system at www.crutchfield.com

khsuglykid89@hotmail.com   EMAIL ME!

Offline lotopp79

• Registered Users
Re: 1987 C-10 sound system
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »
look at compents speakers mor emoney better sound you decide think 10 inch sub or a pair of 8s they fit better behind the seat you can fit 6x9 in the corners but your gonna want to fab up at set up in the corners you can get componets kick panels that wil hold your speaker and they have really good sound you should really go to a best buy or ciruict city or audio shop and do some mearsuring  

Offline 86 custom del

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
what i did was bought a pioneer stero system with 2 10in. sub to go behind my seat i made my own box out of 1/4 in MDF.
then i took a set of 6by9`s and made a cab couner mount out of the MDF and put my 6/9 in it and it sound really good
also i bught a 200 watt amp and put under my seat and hooked it to my subs with a monster cable for power i ran to the battery and that`s how the power comes in
my mirrors will shake and the seat will thump with all of that:p :p :p :p :p :p :b :b :) :) :) :D :D :D  

Offline flintco1

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
If you want a stereo to overpower the motor your going to have to go with a set of mid level or high end components, put in the kick panels witch you can buy from crutchfield. look at jl audio, alpine, rockford, infinity, eclipse.  Give any one of these ample power from an external amp and you will be suprised the but the sound.  And if for some reason your 350 is louder than any other than i have heard you can always put  some 6x9's in the corners.

Offline bowtieguy

• Registered Users
  • Country as a Cow Pie
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
I have a set of 10's in Truck boxes I want to sell. They fit great in my 79 with the bench.  Dual coil Massive audio subs, in the high priced grey carpeted boxes.  Email bowtie_or_nothin@yahoo.com for pictures if you are interested.  

Toys:
89 Black Lesabre T 62k miles
03 Lesabre Celebration Edition
08 NNBS CC Z71 LTZ
79 Flat BlackChevy C-10  5.3/4L60E