Author Topic: Need Advice  (Read 2791 times)

Offline JH78CHEVY

• New Users
Need Advice
« on: August 31, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »
I just bought a all original 78 scottsdale. It has a am radio I want to install a cd player do you think it will hurt the value of the truck by me. Putting a cd player in the stock spot. This truck is all original and in perfect condition. Or does anyone have any suggestions where to put it instead. Thanks I am a Newb too these trucks

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
If you bought it to keep it original, so you could sell it, it is possible, but it isn't going to hurt it that much.  You could get a changer and mount in it that would allow the installation of the original radio.  

I personally don't think it would matter, but that is just my opinion.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
hide aways
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »
Ive seen alot of ads and stuff on speed channel about hide away radios that are small and compact they cost the same as a new high tech radio.... cost that ive are between 250 to 500 or more depending on application. Just a idea.

Offline RSBAD454

Re: hide aways
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
One thing you could do is, to buy a knob style radio with CD changer controls, but I honestly doubt it will hurt the vakue of a dime a dozen truck.8)  

Toys are my game

“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://

Offline JH78CHEVY

• New Users
Re: hide aways
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I didnt think it would hurt the value to bad. They do sell underdash mount kits they just wont fit under the dash of these trucks there too big. The only other place too put it would be under the seat and I dont really want to put it there. Thanks Again...