Author Topic: 79GMc4x4  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Sierra4x4

• Registered Users
79GMc4x4
« on: October 03, 2003, 09:04:00 PM »
I 'spoke' with you on the 8" lift components thread can you post a pic of your truck with the 8" lift? im still torn between 6 and 8. What size tire are you running? I saw a NBS GMC with 6 suspension and 3 body looked right where i wanted mine to be. I plan on shackle and 4" springs 8" up front (if i go 8") or just a straight spring 6" like i said i want to run 37's" boggers, lockers F/R. How long do you think my 10 and 12 bolts will hold up if i keep the throttle light? thanks!

Offline 79GMC4x4

• Registered Users
Sorry for the late reply!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »
Here is the truck:

The lift is all spring (8"), but I would do the shackle 4-inch combo if I did it again.  My tires are 38.5 inch Swamper SX's, which really measured around 36.5 inches tall when they were new.  Keep in mind I have Bushwacker flares, which involved cutting the fender openings longer, so it makes the tires look smaller.

If you go with 35's or larger, the stock axles would be okay for "light" wheeling.  Never get on it on pavement or rocks, though, or they will snap.  Mud?  Loose sloppy stuff I suppose would be okay.