Author Topic: Not looking forward to this one  (Read 2035 times)

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
Not looking forward to this one
« on: June 23, 2020, 07:07:55 AM »
One of the things I’ve found most interesting about the pandemic times has been seeing how ABSTRACT the repercussions have been. How some industries have been apparently not affected and how some I wouldn’t imagine would be bothered have been completely have been completely upended. Additionally, the effects of coronavirus seem to be wider reaching to the extent that my animals have gotten as weird as some humans. Both dogs at home have definitely gotten strange and at the shop, the shop cat, Squirrel, has become a veritable killing machine again.

Apparently real estate has been relatively unimpacted as well... at least from what my realtors have told me. I signed a sale contract on my shop last night... which by its terms give 30 days for the buyer to close and another 90 for me to vacate.

So not only am I faced with having to move literal TONS of equipment, I’m certain that at some point I’m gonna find a pile of rodent carcasses in varying states of decomposition.

This is gonna be... *fun*?!?

Jeremy

Offline bake315

• Frequent Member
Re: Not looking forward to this one
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 07:52:32 AM »
Sure hope the present economic climate isn't what's got you selling.  In any case, it sounds like the next owner better have his/her own "Squirrel"!  ;D
• '73 Cheyenne Super C20 454/400 http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=7672.0
• ’79 Scottsdale K10 350/NP208/SM465 “Oscar” http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=37885.0
• ’87 Custom Deluxe R30 350/400 “Felix”

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
Re: Not looking forward to this one
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:47:44 AM »
Nah, I’m selling to end one last line of connection with my ex/baby-mamma/business partner. Me personally, I don’t think it’s the right time to sell. The neighborhood is light years ahead of where it was when we bought the property, but I firmly believe we could double the current price in a year or so. But I’ve got a deal for a slightly smaller and more manageable space that shouldn’t require me spending much, if anything at all. So I’ll own a property, outright, no partner and it’ll be all mine so long as I can make the utilities and taxes. Definitely not insurmountable. Moving... is gonna SUCK.

Jeremy