Author Topic: ls2 questions  (Read 4077 times)

Offline leprcon

ls2 questions
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:02:49 PM »
what oil pan and manifolds are everybody using?   i got a 2wd blazer and just need to figure out these two things   thanks

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
Re: ls2 questions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:13:35 PM »
what year/engine you do u have?

manifold?  exhaust or intake?
if intake, I use on my 383 stroker a edelbrock performer dual plane aluminum.  I use a chrome oil pan--you can get those from many places like summit.

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
err...Sarge, he's talking about an LS2 engine.  As in the all aluminum engine found under the hood of most C6 Vettes.  LOL.

I doubt any of the LS engine pans are an issue with our truck's generous room back there.  But the truck pans definitely fit.  And, as far as I know, the pans (truck, vette, f-body, gto) all interchange so long as you use the corresponding pickup tube.  Check with Capt on the manifolds.  I believe he is using '98 F-body manifolds.  But if you are already going to the expense of an LS2 engine, why not invest a little more in some nice S&P headers, which are specifically designed for this application.  With headers and a nelson tune you'll have an easy peasy 430+ hp on an otherwise stock motor....and have a silky smooth idle....and get excellent gas mileage (if you can manage to keep your foot out of it).  Man, I'm jealous.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:34:28 PM by eventhorizon66 »
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600

Offline leprcon

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »
kinda want to stay with stock manifolds  that way garuntee no exhaust leaks.  thanks for the reply ;D

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
I am using a Truck oilpan that came stock on the 6.0L 3/4T 2000 model.  I think you would be safe with any of the actual pickup pans.  I think you are using a trailblazer motor, I don't think it will work, but I don't know for sure.

I also "shaved the factory 2000 3/4T manifolds to fit in the frame and blocked off the emissions pieces.