Author Topic: Blower relay  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Magic1

• Registered Users
Blower relay
« on: September 21, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »
Putting a new wiring harness in my 82 Sierra. Has heat only, no ac. My problem is the original plug that went into the bottom of the blower relay is missing and I'm not sure how to hook it up. All the wires on the new harness already have connectors crimped on to plug on each individual prong but without being able to see the way the wires went into the back of the original plug for the color reference, I don't know which wire goes where. Any ideas?

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Blower relay
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »
Can you post clear pics of the blower relay (terminal side) and the wires that connect to it?
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Magic1

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
Can you post clear pics of the blower relay (terminal side) and the wires that connect to it?

Yeah I'll try when I get home. The relay opening is facing the ground so it may look a little funny but ill take pics of the new wires, and relay so you'll have a better idea. If someone could post a couple of good pics of their plug that goes into the relay with pics of the wires going into the plug it should help me out. I'm using a painless wiring 18 circuit harness for the 73-87 trucks if it helps. I'm sure someone else on here has probly installed the same kit

Offline Magic1

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
Believe I may have it figured out. Was able to get ahold of painless wiring and they sent me a diagram of how it all hooks up. Keeping my fingers crossed.