Author Topic: A/C  (Read 18732 times)

Offline brlarl

• Registered Users
  • Big Bad Bowtie!!!
Re: A/C
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
Ok BD, I set the power selector wires the way you described and this is where I'm at...........When I turn the power to "Max" one of the 25A fuses blows BUT if I remove the plug off of the speed selector the fuse does not blow and the blower is actually running on low. I'm guessing it has something to do with the speed selector circuit. The saga continues.........Any ideas? Thanks Bd.
Don't wear a tux without the BOWTIE!!!

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »
What about the speed selector switch, do the wires look like they are in the correct positions?

Wire connections to the blower switch appear correct.

...When I turn the power to "Max" one of the 25A fuses blows, BUT if I remove the plug off of the speed selector the fuse does not blow and the blower is actually running on low.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the speed selector circuit....

* Which 25A fuse blows?
       Tip - during diagnosis, try substituting a 20 to 25A circuit breaker for the fuse.
* Does the fuse blow only on "MAX" setting?
* Will the fuse also blow on "NORM," "BI-LEV," and "DEF?"
* Does the blower switch position (low, med-low, med-hi, or high) have any bearing on whether the fuse blows?
* Plug the blower switch back in, then unplug the resistor - any change?
* Plug the resistor back in and unplug the A/C low-pressure switch - any change?
* Do you have a volt-ohmmeter?  How about an ammeter?

Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline brlarl

• Registered Users
  • Big Bad Bowtie!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Which 25A fuse blows?- I'm not sure which one of the two, will check after work today.
       Tip - during diagnosis, try substituting a 20 to 25A circuit breaker for the fuse.
* Does the fuse blow only on "MAX" setting? No, all settings.
* Will the fuse also blow on "NORM," "BI-LEV," and "DEF?" Yes.
* Does the blower switch position (low, med-low, med-hi, or high) have any bearing on whether the fuse blows? No
* Plug the blower switch back in, then unplug the resistor - any change?Will check after work.
* Plug the resistor back in and unplug the A/C low-pressure switch - any change? Will check after work.
* Do you have a volt-ohmmeter?  How about an ammeter?I have only a volt-ohmmeter.

Thanks BD.

Offline brlarl

• Registered Users
  • Big Bad Bowtie!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »
Hey BD.....for some reason miraculously somehow I restored power to my blower and it works in all levels. I'm not too sure would I did but it works. Just hope it stays working! Thanks for all the help BD!

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
One of the blower resistor wires may be intermittently shorting to ground at the firewall pass-through or pinched or (?).  Glad it's working again!
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)