Author Topic: q-jet info  (Read 3136 times)

q-jet info
« on: November 10, 2002, 07:58:00 PM »
Does any one know of any good reputable carb rebuilders for racing q-jets. I have asked on other racing message boards and have not gotten any responces. My car has a .040 over 350 flat tops, solid cam, 1.94/1.50 valves, 58cc heads w/approx. 11.82-1 compression, cast iron intake,headers, and currently a Holley 4412 500cfm two barrel carb but we can run a stock factory 4-barrel next year, and i turn almost 7000 rpm on a high banked 3/8 mile asphalt oval. Thanks 71

Offline phaon1

q-jet
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 06:43:00 AM »
buy an OEM replacement quadra-puke from Edelbrock.  You can tell them your engine setup and I bet they could even specialty jet it for you.  Edelbrock bought the rights to q-jets from Rodchester.  I've heard that Edelbrock refined the build process quite a bit and came up with a real nice carb that should be considered "stock" in your circles.

Chris

Offline 83CHEVY

• Registered Users
Re: q-jet
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 10:47:00 AM »
I agree.  The Edelbrock is the way to go.  It sounds like this is a high performance, high RPM, race only application, so I would go with the #1910 Performer RPM Q-Jet carb.  I think you would love it.

If you want to go cheaper, I will sell you a high performance carb that was professionally built.  It originally came in a 1979 Corvette Indy Pace car.  I bought it on eBay and was going to re-build it to use in my truck, but I bought an Edelbrock Q-Jet instead.

Mike