Author Topic: 73 blazer turn signals  (Read 1575 times)

Offline alopez2045@yahoo.com

73 blazer turn signals
« on: September 04, 2021, 12:01:25 PM »
73 blazer

Ok I have running light power to the marker light how ever no turn signal. The rear turn signal is functioning. Test light shows no power. Fuse is good. Not sure what to do or how to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 73 blazer turn signals
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:37:55 PM »
Hello all. I’m trying to trouble shoot my turn signals. I have rear driver side but the front won’t work. I have running light power with a test light just not blinkers. How do I trouble shoot this?

I checked the fuses And relay. Could it be the harness or maybe the ground. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline 1980K20

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 02:20:01 AM »
Hi, I assume by test light, you've checked the individual leads inside the socket, correct? Did you check from the backside of the connector if it's teachable to ensure the problem isn't the socket?

There's flashing on the front lights? (my truck is a different year, so ymmv)

There's some schematics out there for your year. There should be a wire in the engine bay coming out from the fuse box that goes to the front left turn signal. Maybe you can check it in the engine bay where the wire comes out.  I'm putting in new wires, they say to use a special anti corrosion grease. This could rule out corrosion that connector.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------
1952 International L112 - waiting for EV conversion
1967 Camaro - 250 six cyl, 200-4R
1980 K20 4x4 Fleetside - 350 SBC roller Cam, TH350

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 05:23:26 PM »
There are oodles of posts on turn signal diag. Did you read through or use search?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 07:10:27 PM »
Hi, I assume by test light, you've checked the individual leads inside the socket, correct? Did you check from the backside of the connector if it's teachable to ensure the problem isn't the socket?

There's flashing on the front lights? (my truck is a different year, so ymmv)

There's some schematics out there for your year. There should be a wire in the engine bay coming out from the fuse box that goes to the front left turn signal. Maybe you can check it in the engine bay where the wire comes out.  I'm putting in new wires, they say to use a special anti corrosion grease. This could rule out corrosion that connector.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I search and searched, nothing that helps . I thought I would come to the grey beards for help. Checked the socket, running light works with test light, flasher doesn’t. There is a forward facing signal light and one on the fender. Both are having the same problem. I guess I will expose the wire prior in the engine bay and test. I really don’t know where to go if it’s not getting power.

Could it be a grounding issue?

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 07:11:54 PM »
There are oodles of posts on turn signal diag. Did you read through or use search?
Yes sir, I understand what the problem is I think I just don’t know the solution.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »
Ok figured it out. It was the turn signal switch in the Column.