Author Topic: Spindle/Caliper Issue  (Read 1448 times)

Offline raul7211

Spindle/Caliper Issue
« on: October 17, 2019, 08:21:27 AM »
So I've been on what seems like a never ending project to replace the spindle/arms/springs.  Installed the belltech (3in drop for 1in rotor), bolted on just fine, no issue - the issue is with the caliper not fitting like it should be.  I have aftermarket rotors that fit just fine on the stock spindle.  I've read that sometimes you have to grind part of the spindle for it to fit, anybody have this issue?  Is so, where exactly do you grind?
Thanks in advance!

Offline FlatBlack77

• Cheap Fast Reliable - Pick 2
Re: Spindle/Caliper Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 10:47:51 AM »
Where exactly is it hitting?

I used Western Chassis spindles and I got quite frustrated trying to get the caliper mounted. Turned out to be the way the brake line was bent. The metal end that bolts to the caliper had to be bent slightly to allow the caliper to slip into ppace
"When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
'77 C/10 - 350/350 mild street motor

Offline raul7211

Re: Spindle/Caliper Issue
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »
Not really 'hitting' anything per say - just not sliding in to line up with the holes.  I'll try moving the brake lines around to see if that helps, but visually the new spindle looks a bit thicker, so i can see the caliper not fitting if that is the case.  I read on the summit website, a review for somebody that had my calipers and my spindles having to grind the spindle a bit to make it fit.  Guess I'll make a trip to Harbor and find the cheapest grinder out there