Author Topic: TURN SIGNALS AND BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING NEED HELP ASAP  (Read 2728 times)

Offline vjfelix55

TURN SIGNALS AND BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING NEED HELP ASAP
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:15:25 AM »
Ok guys so on my 85 suburban k20 all of a sudden my brake lights completely stopped working and my turn signals are only working when I dont turn my lights on? If I turn the lights on both the lights in the dash stay lit and neither hazards or either turn signal does anything. What could be wrong? I checked the fuse and the fuse is fine and the blinkers work when I dont have my lights on but my break lights aren't working at all!! Any help is useful thanks guys

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline big_al273

• Registered Users
Re: TURN SIGNALS AND BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING NEED HELP ASAP
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 08:22:22 AM »
check/clean your electrical grounds, bad grounds can cause all kinds of weird stuff out of the blue
91 Chevy R3500 Crewcab future project
89 GMC R3500 Cab & Chassis Tool truck project
88 Chevy V30 Crewcab Ex-firetruck
87 Chevy R20 Crewcab future project
84 GMC K1500 winter beater

Offline vjfelix55

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:15:20 AM »
check/clean your electrical grounds, bad grounds can cause all kinds of weird stuff out of the blue
I'll check them in a little while, do you think hot coolant that blew everywhere could have anything to do with it?

Offline vjfelix55

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
OK so update it was the side marker bulbs, as soon as I plug the side marker bulb in the blinker would stop

Offline jptiger

• Husband of Kim father of Joshua
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »
Ok guys so on my 85 suburban k20 all of a sudden my brake lights completely stopped working and my turn signals are only working when I dont turn my lights on? If I turn the lights on both the lights in the dash stay lit and neither hazards or either turn signal does anything. What could be wrong? I checked the fuse and the fuse is fine and the blinkers work when I dont have my lights on but my break lights aren't working at all!! Any help is useful thanks guys

I had a very similar problem after getting my truck back from paint shop. It took awhile but I eventually found bad ground at rear left light. Took housing off and small back wire to body wasn't making good connection. I took it off and filed around hole and crimp lug and it fixed mine. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1977 GMC Sierra Grande K15 swb
1992 GMC Sierra K1500 ext cab

Offline jptiger

• Husband of Kim father of Joshua
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 09:22:32 PM »
Ok I see you found it. Sorry should've read the whole thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1977 GMC Sierra Grande K15 swb
1992 GMC Sierra K1500 ext cab