73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > LT/LS Swaps

My 1975 C10 5.3 mini mouse project

(1/6) > >>

Gwtt:
So a brief history about me. I had a 1977 Step side that I restored as a kid in high school. I loved the truck but I needed something a little more reliable, plus it had to be smogged. Livin in California and not having adequate place to store it, it had to move on to another owner and sold it late 2005. I liked cruising it and some drag strip time here and there. best I could do with the smogged motor was 14.6. quite a few years later, I finally can start another C10. I just bought a 1975 in minds of doing a swap. Hot rod magazine / super chevy did this build and I'm going to duplicate it. http://www.superchevy.com/features/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/  They thought it was a 5.3L  but turned out to be a 4.8L. It was 50% percent off the past weekend at the local Pick A Part looking for parts like a wiper arm assembly the correct doors and such and low and behold a fresh rolled over  2002 Suburban with a 5.3L with 127473 miles on it. The price was right at $250 for engine, harness and computer. It will be tore down and built to match the article but for pump gas. I'll need to get a 4L60 to match the motor eventually I couldn't spring the cash at the time to get the trans as well plus it was a 4wd. Plans are rear mounted fuel tank between the rails, Posi, 4:10's cal tracs. Different rims, Bed liner, vintage air, and of course a sweet motor. Don't know what to do about paint yet.

roundhouse:
I kinda like the paint

Make it a nice sleeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frotosride:
For a deal like that I would have picked up another one for my lawn mower.

Gwtt:
Yea there was a trailblazer 5.3L next to it with a throttle by wire next to it too but the wallet didn't accommodate. I'm excited to start this project but I have to finish the mother in laws 1969 Mercedes and get it running so I have garage space for the 5.3 and all the pets for the truck to work on. Plus a baby coming in November slows the hot rod project

FlatBlack77:
welcome to the forum man

ill be fallowing this for sure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version