73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Engine/Drivetrain

Carburetor

<< < (2/4) > >>

Big Dee:
My engine would stop sometimes when hot. I had to change my fuel pump several times. ac delco solved the problem.
Check the return line also.

Cheyenne1010:
It would vapor lock on me with the mechanical fuel and its done it when i installed an electric fuel pump.fuel cap is new and venting properly and I've changed the fuel filter also.when i open the gas cap while its vapor lock nothing happens.there is no the only thing i haven't change is the charcoal canister.my fuel line runs along the frame then up the front of the engine then above the intake manifold to the carburetor.my fuel pump and gas tank only has 2 lines.1 from gas tank to pump and 1 gas tank to charcoal canister,so i have no return line.

JohnnyPopper:
Had the same prob on my '73 3+3, it was my electric fuel pump was too close to the exhaust.

I could tell when VL was going to happen, the pump starts to get loud enough to hear when driving.

I used some sheet metal as a barrier.

All better... 8)

Cheyenne1010:
I think thats what i need to do because my electric fuel pump is kinda close to the exhaust pipe

VileZambonie:
Unless you have an in tank fuel pump, your electric fuel pump may be the source of your issues. Make sure no fuel hoses are kinked as well. If you have a new fuel cap, is it vented or sealed? Vapor lock is when fuel boils in the fuel line. A pressure drop can cause the boiling point to drop and lead to potential vapor lock. Why do you think you have vapor lock anyway?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version