Author Topic: Recent from Austin, Tx. area  (Read 4884 times)

Offline 79SHORTWIDE

• Registered Users
    • 79 SHORTWIDE
Recent from Austin, Tx. area
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:30:22 PM »
Ok, I keep trying this stuff with the pics but not much luck. Posted a few on Photobucket....79shortwide. let me know if you're able to see.
Anyway, I'm Mike, living outside Austin, Tx. 39. married, kids, dog named Socket. Parts manager for a dealership as of next Monday. been in auto parts most of my life. Restoring/modifying/body off a 79 short wide 2wd. Engine, tranny, brakes, suspension, drop kit, fuel and brake lines all done. Working on the body now. Will be happy to post pics on Photobucket if it'll help anyone. I discovered this site after 1 1/2 years of working on my project mostly alone. Could've used it then but glad to have found it now.
If there's anyone else in my neck of the woods, shoot me an email. Always looking to meet fellow gear heads into the same thing. love the trucks, muscle cars and race cars. hunted for a 70 Chevelle for a long time but got the truck when I realized I can do the same thing to it and be a little more sneaky when I approach all these punks in their jap junk. My truck shoudl make about 400 horses, Th350 with 2500 stall hughes convertor. 3.73 Eaton posi, 9:5.1 compression, 64cc 041X heads--major machine work-ported, polished, bigger valves, studs etc. Roller rockers, RPM Air Gap, 670 Street Avenger, balanced, ARP bolts, adding serp belt system from 91 Z28. Can't forget the Voodoo cam. 504 intake, 525 exhaust, 110 lobe seperation, duration at 234 and 244 if I remember right. it shoudl make a little noise. Running 2 1/2 exhaust, H pipe, old style Flows and dropping in front of the rear end. Dropped it 3/4, cross drilled and slotted rotors, KYB's all around, all Spicer steering and suspension. Anyway, check out the pics and ask for more if you're interested.
Love the site!

Offline 77c15

• Frequent Member
  • combustion=suck, squeeze, bang, blow
    • My cardomain site...
Re: Recent from Austin, Tx. area
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:51:04 PM »
Welcome! Nice engine. Do you mind posting pix of the truck? We'd all like to see. I was born in your neck of the woods (Temple, TX to be exact) and my father was on the base in Kileen, TX. Been dying to go back, but i'm pretty sure it won't be happening too soon with the newborn and all. Still have a grandmother and 2 uncles out there, though.
Stomp my flag and I will stomp your @$$!

Offline 79SHORTWIDE

• Registered Users
    • 79 SHORTWIDE
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 05:52:30 AM »
Thanx for the comment. I'll get some of whats done posted. The body isn't mounted yet. Have to get my step daughter (15) to help me put more pics on. You know how it is...she's much smarter than I am about this computer stuff. I'm better with vehicles! Try to post more tonight if I get time.
Was actually born in Pittsburgh, Pa. but have been here since 92.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 09:40:05 AM »
Welcome to the site, nice project.
BTW, under the "additional options" when you post there is a place that you can upload pictures to the site.

Offline 79SHORTWIDE

• Registered Users
    • 79 SHORTWIDE
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:33:42 PM »
Like I said, the body isn't ready to be mounted yet. Finishing the cab corner replacement. have replaced the floor pans, inner rockers, and cab supports. Welding up the drip rail holes as well. have new fenders and doors. Still need a cowl hood and might be trading (get this) some alternator brackets for a good short box. Mine is in pretty bad shape. The truck before disassembly.

Offline cjtimp

• Registered Users
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 06:39:57 PM »
Nice!!......Howdy from Longview.
82 C-10 SWB - work in progress!

Offline 79SHORTWIDE

• Registered Users
    • 79 SHORTWIDE
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:55:35 PM »
Thanx!!!!    It's cool to get some compliments. Lots of hard work and money. But, ya'll know how that goes. Can't wait to fire it up and hear it run. I may have the entire cab blasted since it'll all be a different color. REALLY want to go black but it's so hot here in the summer. It'll be garaged unless it's sunny but I don't know. Black is so much hassle to maintain. Next color choice might be some version of silver. Possible two tone? Any opinions anyone? The color "scheme" of the truck is probably obvious by the engine, frame, suspension etc....black, silver, gray, and "metal"....kind of industrial looking. I want it real nice but not over bearing....simple and neat. I personally think alot of guys overbuild and make their ride too flashy.  Oh, planning on running 18x10's in the rear and 17x7 or 8's in the front. Wanting Foose Nitrous II or Coddington Junkyard dogs...or something very similar. Gotta be deep lip on the rear. Thinking about 4 inch back space.   Thanx for looking!