Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Bowtie Bomber

• Registered Users
  • Rolling American Iron
Hey guys
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:54:20 PM »
Hey guys, I'm so glad I found a website that shares the passion that I have for my favorite generation of GM trucks! Well, anyways, off with the intro.

I'm from a little town of Merritt Island, Florida. I work at a local circuit city and I'm in Auto Tech Advanced 4/5 in my high school (senior, thank God.). I'm currently in the process of restoring the life of the family's 1982 GMC Sierra (well.. I guess Chevrolet now (it has a chevy grill and tailgate, did the best with what I had at the moment.) the truck just simply won't die, it was my dads truck in college back in the early 80's, it use to be the Diesel, but my dad soon dropped a lively 500 HP 454 cui Big 'un in it. And to make a LONG and amusing story short, he ended up putting a little 350 4 bolt main in it and sold it to my uncle as a woods truck. Then after years of abuse, it was then parked in the back of my dads yard for SEVEN years. When I first took intrest in it, my dad made a bet that I couldn't get it started.. well.. after that I went out, opened the rusty old hood (cars down here go bad FAST if you let them sit) then poured gas down the carb, hooked up some power, cranked it 7 times and it lit right up. After that I've been restoring it with my dad over the past (what will be) two years now. So far we replaced EVERYTHING except the motor and the drive train, rims and the snazzy fuzzy dice that hung from the review mirror since 1985. Everything else we replaced, cab, bed, everything. And right now I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor, everything on the lower end was went over and things where replaced that where bad, and now where about to rap it up on the top end.

Here's some pics of it so far (they're a couple months old, new pics will come soon after a swap meat this thanksgiving)

My truck is my flying fortress, the road is my sky, and Toyota's are the enemy bunkers that need a busting.

Offline JJSZABO

Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:59:16 AM »
Welcome - I couldn't see the pictures :(
Jeff

86 Chevy C-10
350, TH400
Ex father and son project (son lost interest)

Son regained interest when truck was almost completed

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
Welcome to the site!  Nice project!

Offline Fordeatinz71

• 78k miles and counting
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
welcome aboard!  nice lookin project...
1991 Chevy Silverado K1500 ECSB, 350, 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.42's, exhaust work...
1983 GMC Sierra K1500 SWB-sold :(

Offline v_dub_ya

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:01:47 PM »
Welcome, good lookin project