Author Topic: Truck addiction explained  (Read 8732 times)

Offline fitz

Re: Truck addiction explained
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
Rules to live by.

Offline gto109

• Frequent Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »
I think I'm going to print these all out and hang them on the wall in the hanger when i get more ink.
67 Le Mans Convertible resto project 350 Pontiac w/powerglide,
85 Scottsdale k-10 305 700r4,
86 Trans Am 305 350th
06 Dodge Ram daily driver

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »
I think I'm going to print these all out and hang them on the wall in the hanger when i get more ink.

Thirsty I was thinking that you should write a small book and find a publisher.  Those quotes are classic.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline heavychevy91

• Frequent Member
  • '86 Chevy K20
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »
Thirsty you have hit the nail on the head with everyone of your posts. Good job!

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »
So I had another funny experience in the garage recently. I thought this thread would probably be the best place to tell it.

My wife came to the garage to see me. Or so I thought it was to see me, now I am beginning to wonder about it. I couldn't ask for a better wife when it comes to the garage or my project truck. She rarely goes to the garage but when she does she has no problem being part of the crowd that sometimes shows up, drinks too much, stays to long, etc... she gets it. She also has no problem with me working on the truck and spending money on it when I need to. If it were up to her she would probably pay whatever the cost to finish it. Me on the other hand am cheap and will look for parts for as long as it takes to find a deal or even better...free. It's a good feeling knowing that she wants me to work on my truck, or is that really the case??? When I tell her what I have been doing to it she listens to me no matter how long I want to babble about my 86. Most times I think she is not really listening to what I say. Now I'm not sure about that either.

So we are in the garage and she is looking at my truck. Then she starts asking questions about the build and really starts looking it over good. I'm thinking to myself how cool it was that she is showing so much interest in my truck. Maybe she's thinking that I am some kind of build a truck from nothing God eh? After a while the questions started getting a little nit picking. Why is this not painted?, shouldn't you have this done before you moved on to something else?, and so on. Well now I am not used to being questioned about my truck like that or anything I do in the garage for that matter. Last I knew I was king turd at the garage. I wasn't mad or anything and she wasn't disrespectful either, she just put me on the spot about a few things that she noticed. I told her the reason for each of her concerns, she understood them. Now I am thinking that she really does listen to all my stories about the garage and my truck when I talk to her. How cool is that eh? I must really be her hero eh?

As she goes to leave out the back door and I am standing beside the woodstove and behind my truck drinking a cold beer that she had gotten me, She says "Clean the fingerprints off that glass it doesn't look good with MY shiny new paint!"  :o I just stand there looking at the truck  :o Look over at her  :o Then she laughs and walks out.

If you are married or have been divorced this might be funnier. Some of our friends are going through a nasty divorce and she knew I would get the joke, it just took me a few seconds to get it making it priceless for her.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:00:21 PM by thirsty »
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 06:08:20 AM »
     Been there, done that.  And it is that much funnier coming from a person who you know loves you and respects you.  Sounds to me like your wife is smart and quick on her feet Thirsty.   ;)
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom