Author Topic: What would you do???  (Read 4603 times)

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
What would you do???
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:19:35 PM »
I have a 86 c10 it has a newer crate 350, 700 r trans, dual exhaust, after market interior. I have about 7k to spend on my truck I am thinking engine trans or Ride Tech suspension but I don't know yet. I would like to here what some of you would do. I would like to here all suggestions.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: What would you do???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:25:11 PM »
     If you have a newer crate engine and 700 r4 trans, why not leave them alone ?  Unless you want more power then more power means a beefier transmission and drive line.
     If you like the way the truck drives power wise now, and or undecided on power or suspension, I would say suspension.  Suspension upgrades take more money because you need to do it all at once to be able to drive it again.  The power can be done a little at a time, over several different upgrades.
     Just my opinion.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline dvdswan

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:40:02 PM »
I agree with bake, do the suspension.  being able to put power to the ground goes through the suspension.

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
I enjoy doing the small things engine wise its just the bigger things like heads and  valves that I just don't have the tools or knowledge and anything trans I have no idea. If I went with the new engine and trans no more of that. The suspension I like the look when I want it but when I don't I can put it up and be happy. But some of the problems I here about make me think again. that's why I am looking to see what others have to say maybe something I have not thought of. Thanks for your response

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »
Just last night I got a new MSD Street Fire 5520 ignition box from shop.advanceautoparts.com  code WD2 paid $109 shipped

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
     So is the ride tech suspension you are talking about an air suspension kit ?  If that is the case I would really do that first.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 11:07:49 PM »
ok thanks

Offline matthew.prusac

• New Users
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
go through autozone online, advanced is way over priced

Offline bobcooter

• 1979 Scottsdale C-20
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 07:43:14 PM »
I would get a nice stereo and spend the rest on something other than my truck. LOL! ;)
'79 C-20, 350/400, 3:73 gears, 9 leafs and a headache rack
Favorite Quote, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
I cant do that I have been wanting this truck since high school when I had one. since I got it I have given up all my other hobbies. I probably need some mental help. :o

Offline bobcooter

• 1979 Scottsdale C-20
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
I cant do that I have been wanting this truck since high school when I had one. since I got it I have given up all my other hobbies. I probably need some mental help. :o

My friend, as you can see you're not alone. I finally just reached a point where I had to say That's it. I'm not spending anymore money on her. It's tough cause there are still some goodies I want.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:30:37 PM by bd »
'79 C-20, 350/400, 3:73 gears, 9 leafs and a headache rack
Favorite Quote, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »
could always save it for gas or a rainy day
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »
It would have burned a hole in my pocket. I went with the air ride. I will post pics. Its under suspension "ridetech"