Author Topic: No brake fluid out of RH front bleeder... combination valve issue???  (Read 1671 times)

Offline relentlesshustler

• New Users
I have a 1981 Chevrolet C30 car carrier with an LS 6.0L. The front brake line coming out of the master cylinder to the combination valve was replaced. Both front bleeder screws were stripped so both front calipers were replaced. LH front bleeds no problem, RH front won't bleed. I've pressed the "button" on the combination valve and tried to pull the fluid with a vacuum hand pump with no success. The rear bleeds fine. I'm assuming the master cylinder doesn't need to be bled because the LH front is getting fluid without a problem ? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Remove the bleed screw from the RH caliper and check it to make sure it isn't obstructed.  Then remove the master cylinder cap.  Does any fluid ooze out of the open bleed screw hole in the caliper?  It may take several seconds if the caliper is full of air....
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Online Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
Welcome
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
if you still get o fluid after what bd said try to remove the hose from the caliper and see if you get fluid to there. if still no fluid remove the hose from the hard line and see
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes