Author Topic: Parking brake indicator  (Read 4360 times)

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
Parking brake indicator
« on: January 01, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
After years of my wiring harness and cluster being in storage I seem to be missing the indicator light for the parking brake. My question is am I missing just a regular indicator lamp like the others on the cluster or am I missing a wire that has the lamp attached to it? Maybe it wasn't there way back when but I would like to have it now.
Thanks
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: Parking brake indicator
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »
     I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I do not.  I just wanted to say I can appreciate what you are going through, My 74 has been apart for a year and it looks like it will take me another year to get it put back together the way I am going.  So I am going to run into the same things more than likely.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline firefighter

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »
My question is am I missing just a regular indicator lamp like the others on the cluster or am I missing a wire that has the lamp attached to it?
Thanks

Mine has a regular socket in that place which leads me to believe the BRAKE light is powered by the printed circuit card and NOT by an extra wire.

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »
My question is am I missing just a regular indicator lamp like the others on the cluster or am I missing a wire that has the lamp attached to it?
Thanks

Mine has a regular socket in that place which leads me to believe the BRAKE light is powered by the printed circuit card and NOT by an extra wire.

That is how it is on my 85-6 trucks
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
Thanks guys!
I was hoping for that answer so I could just put another socket in out of a different cluster that also had no brake light socket either, that's what got me wondering about missing a wire. I even looked at the harness I had installed already thinking I might have tucked it behind without noticing it.
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
Thanks

X's 2. Its just a twist in bulb powered by the printed circuit, on my 79 and by brothers 77.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF