Author Topic: Interior panel installation help  (Read 2365 times)

Offline tpull123

Interior panel installation help
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »
Ok, Have been searching online for this answer and no luck......I am trying to install the interior in my truck, and its been 9 months since I took it apart, so things are a little fuzzy as to the order.     Most is pretty self explainatory, but the one piece that is giving me trouble is the little trim panel that goes along the ends of the dash.....It doesnt seem to want to fit in between the dash and the door seal.  Is that normal or do I have it wrong?   Any reference pictures would be nice since I dont have any to go off of.

Does the door seal go in first, than the panel, or panel then squeeze the door seal in?    I am assuming this goes in before the kick panel and A-pillar panel...right?   I can try to get pictures up tonight, but its the thin panel that sets by the door hinges and dash area.   Trying not to break it and screw up my paint.
1978 Frame w/ Cummins Diesel, 85 cab and front end, and time well wasted....lots of it!

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Interior panel installation help
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »
If you are talking about the piece with the "spoon" on the end, it going in last.
ALL trim is added to the truck last after weatherstripping.

Offline Cabcorner

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:44:05 AM »
tpull123 have you posted any links to your build videos . I know I enjoyed watching them.

Offline tpull123

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
I think I finally got the panel in, my dash seems to sit closer to the drivers side.  I put the passenger side in no problem, then on the drivers side I loosened the bolt hold the dash and was able to slide it in.   

Here is the link to the latest truck video, and a picture of its latest status.   I just need to finish up some interior things and a electric cooling fan we are ready for the road!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuz4-0mqDIQ
1978 Frame w/ Cummins Diesel, 85 cab and front end, and time well wasted....lots of it!