Author Topic: ? Fuse Box Firewall Conn Wire Problem  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
? Fuse Box Firewall Conn Wire Problem
« on: April 13, 2021, 09:52:28 PM »
I have a Pnk wire for systems 30 that was loose (with a female terminal on it) at one end and terminates at the instrument Gauge connector (plug) on the end where two pink wires are located on the same terminal (the other pnk wire is a loop).

Then there is a pnk with black strip systems 39 wire connected to the fuse box inside cab firewall connector and it terminates where the wiring diagrams say the pnk wire systems 30 is suppose to go (believe it was like this from factory). This pnk black strip wire terminates to a splice in the harness about a foot from the firewall connector.

I am doing right by connecting the pnk wire system 30 to where the Pnk black stripe wire was (according to the wiring diagrams) and by moving the pnk black stripe wire system 39 where the diagram shows, it puts pnk black strip wire in a spot where there is no male terminal on the engine side of the firewall fuse box connector.

All the other wires check out in these two systems according to the diagrams.

My truck of course is a 1981 Chevy K10, 350 Engine, original engine was a 305. Did not have A/C, however I am installing A/C. Has Gauges!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:27:32 PM by Mike81K10 »
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
Re: Couple Wires to Fuse Box Firewall connector Help
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »
I had pulled the fuse box from a 1986 GMC at the salvage yard and it matches up to the wiring diagrams. My 81 K10 did not.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: ? Fuse Box Firewall Conn Wire Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 05:56:58 AM »
Are you saying you are trying to mate an 81 engine harness to an 86 interior harness at the bulkhead connector?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
Re: ? Fuse Box Firewall Conn Wire Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:48:56 PM »
No, I was just using it in addition to the wiring diagrams in my 1981 service manual and the 86 gmc fuse box from a salvage yard truck matched up (not using it at all - only got it in case I needed some harness parts) but I was a little confused where the pnk black stripe wire should go (hooked it up where the diagram shows but that leg is not used in my truck and the engine bay side of the firewall fuse box connector has no male terminal/wire to match up (it would be a dead end), when all the other legs of it is OK according to the wiring diagram. I hooked up the pnk wire according to the wiring diagrams (it is where the pnk black strip wire use to be prior to me moving it). Hope this is not overly confusing. Bottom line, should I just leave the pnk w/black strip wire where I have it now, even though it is a dead end. I followed the wiring diagrams and am thinking about leaving it the way it is now.