Author Topic: Differental questions  (Read 1966 times)

Offline brennent

Differental questions
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:18:06 AM »
I have a 78' C10 Cheyenne. I was wondering if these trucks have Positraction (limited slip differental). I know you can jack up the rear end and spin one tire to figure it out. the issue is i am in college and cant really get home to check. Do all the truck come equipped with it, or is it an option? is there a way to tell based on the options, i think i have the sheet of all the original options somewhere.
Thanks,
     Tyler
-Tyler

1978 C-10 Cheyenne Big 10 350 quadrajet

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Differental questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:13:06 AM »
im going to say this. its hard to even guess, cause who knows if someone ever swapped out the rear axle. the only way to know for sure is if youre the original owner or you can physically inspect it yourself
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline brennent

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 10:23:39 AM »
I am the second owner of this truck, the first owners were an older couple who bought the truck new off the lot (probably in their 40's or 50's when they bought it) The truck was used as a daily driver and driven to Florida in the winter. But i guess ill wait until i go home to check. Thanks for your input!
-Tyler

1978 C-10 Cheyenne Big 10 350 quadrajet

Offline timthescarrd

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »
limited slip was optional, it's usually noted on the RPO sheet as G80