Author Topic: Rear spring bushings  (Read 2231 times)

Offline autopat

• Truck Junkie
Rear spring bushings
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:22:59 PM »
Anyone have a good part number for rear spring bushings? 1990 V1500 Suburban. I’m going to install new shackles, but my bolts are frozen in the sleeves, so I know I’m going need bushings to install them.
65 C10 Short Wide
66 Suburban
90 V1500 Suburban
+8 more

Offline 75gmck25

• Frequent Member
  • 1975 GMC K25 Camper Special, 350/TH350/NP203
Re: Rear spring bushings
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 05:37:50 AM »
I usually go to RockAuto site and look up the parts.  They will list different manufacturer parts numbers and categorize them for quality.  If I have the time to wait and am willing to pay the shipping I then order them from Rock Auto.  If I'm in a hurry I will check for somewhere local to get Delco or other name brand parts. 

In most cases RockAuto will have a lower price for the parts, but then you have to  add in the shipping.

Bruce

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 12:08:08 PM »
wont order anything from rockauto due to their return policy. i can understand if i ordered the wrong part or no longer needed it but when the manufacture screws up on a catalytic converter and rockauto required me to pay to return the defective part and pay to get the new part.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 06:50:45 AM »
I stopped using rock auto after two tie rod ends from them prematurely wore out , like in a few weeks .

I use summit racing now
   Costs more but much better quality parts