Author Topic: Door Panels  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Mike81K10

Door Panels
« on: April 22, 2023, 11:05:37 AM »
A while (years) back I bought new door panels and was very unhappy with them because they were hard cheap rigid plastic and one had cracked when I was installing it. The original (OEM) panels that came with my truck was more of a flexible plastic that was of better quality.

Now the question, does anyone know where we can get the original style door panels that are not made of some cheap hard rigid plastic? where you can change the window velvet runners, not stapled in like some of the new cheap junk.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Mike81K10

Re: Door Panels
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 12:05:20 PM »
Are the panels in the forum store of good quality, not the cheap plastic?
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 07:14:38 AM »
You can still find a nice set of used ones. Clean them up real nice and dye them and I'm sure you'll be happy. I only know of one company offering oe style reproductions and no one seems to be getting them withing a year of ordering.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Mike81K10

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 03:01:06 PM »
Thanks VZ for the info. I still have the originals that my truck had when new. I will try to fix them up for now.

Offline hladkib

• I liek trucks
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 10:07:36 AM »
I came here to ask this exact question. I ordered panels from a competing vendor and am NOT happy with them. Your description is the exact same as mine, I want panels that I can put the fabric velour back in, these new ones are just plastic and very disappointing, especially with how much I paid for them.

So I went to Classic Industries, and their panels are the same too, some even worse. I then went to the Forum's store and was disappointed there as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 11:44:29 AM by Captkaos »

Offline Chevynut73

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 07:18:41 AM »
Good morning y'all,

Looks like this is an older Post BUT just wondering if anyone has found good quality Door Panels ?
I really need to replace mine - they are showing their age  :)
I'm more than happy to buy the ones from this site if they are of good quality. 

Thanks for any advice
'73 Chevy C10, 350, TH350, was a long Fleetside, now she's a short Stepper that's under construction (been in the Family since 1972).

Would rather push a CHEVY than drive a Furd

Offline Mike81K10

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 04:28:03 PM »
I never did! Just cheap plastic!

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 04:02:36 PM »
We only currently sell replacement door panels.  All the vendors we have dealt with other than Coverlay (who we sell) are rigid garbage, which is why you don't see us selling them.
The ones we do sell will not accept the factory trim components.
If you want that, I recommend refurbishing the factory panels.

I do have the fronts and rears for the 1981-1987(91) trucks that I planned to have a company reproduce but after Covid they don't seem interested.  We shall see....